About This Project
Mason Companies is a family-owned company that has been operating in Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley for over 100 years. Mason sells footwear, apparel, and general merchandise nationwide via the Internet and mail order catalogs. Mason’s ventures include ten titles and is one of the largest footwear catalogers in the world: ShoeMall, Stoneberry, K. Jordan, Masseys, Mason Easy-Pay, Maryland Square, Auditions, Birchland Market, Figis, and B.A. Mason.
Mason Companies selected TAISTech to implement its new Oracle Commerce (ATG) and Endeca omnichannel platform for all 10 titles. The goal was to re-platform all of the company’s Fry sites so that business users could make site changes quickly and without their IT team. They were implemented in a phased approach, starting with Birchland Market as the initial B2C commerce site, followed by the four core Credit sites, and a final phase to re-platform all remaining sites.
TAISTech delivered the accelerated full lifecycle deployment in six months, using the TAISTech Oracle Commerce Accelerator, with Responsive Web Design (RWD) to support optimal shopper engagement across all devices (web/tablet/phone) and adding platform capabilities to extend Commerce Anywhere capabilities across shopper touch points (web and mobile).
Following is a high-level list of work completed:
- Implemented Oracle Commerce in under 6 months to meet pre-holiday deadline
- Built with Responsive Web Design for an optimized mobile web shopping experience
- Developed customized Endeca-driven mega menu
- Created customized Endeca HTML content cartridges to provide greater flexibility for the business users
- Made best seller products available based on actual onsite sales
- Integrated Bazaarvoice for customer reviews and ratings with Endeca to be used as part of the guided navigation
- Integrated QAS AVS for address validation
- Used the Credit Card Tokenization approach so that secure payment information is not stored within the system
- Customized product recommendations based on sales data and also what products were bought together
- Integrated Revolving Credit Feature
- Customized Shipping Calendar implementation to allow for easier delivery date selection for future-dated orders
- Integrated with Tealium for Google and other analytics
- Integrated with Channel Advisor for product and content images
- Used Endeca XM-driven navigation and sitemap for SEO & Guided Navigation
- Implemented multiple-brand sites leveraging Endeca Experience Manager
- Leveraged Endeca XM & Platform for article content management
- Cookied cart for anonymous users so that users can leave items in the cart and they will be available for up to 15 days