Since 1961, TAP has grown with the popularity of off-roading. The company began by supplying Jeep parts to local dealers and independent service centers that catered to 4×4 enthusiasts. The original company did not deal directly with the consumer at first, but as the company grew, so did its focus. In the ensuing decades, TAP established and acquired industry leading brands, including Pro Comp, Smittybilt, Rubicon Express, and G2 Axle & Gear. The company also launched Off-Road Adventures, a magazine for off-road enthusiasts.
TAP conducts business through a three-pronged sales, service, and manufacturing paradigm. The company supplements a robust mail-order system with 55 brick-and-mortar retail centers, staffed with experienced product and installation specialists. In addition to the retail initiative, TAP has accelerated its business with the e-commerce marketplace. Led by its flagship Websites 4WheelParts.com and 4WD.com, TAP’s 22 consumer-oriented sites have collectively grown beyond 2.6 million visitors each month. The TAP e-commerce network facilitates consumer sales, service, and support. TAP’s manufacturing system features a 100,000 square foot research and production facility that incorporates an in-house conceptualization, design, and implementation process. From the beginning, TAP has dedicated its resources to serving its customers, and to establishing itself as the premier supplier and distributor of high quality automotive parts.
When TAP wanted to build a foundation for multi-site projects, they chose our team to help them do it.
- Stabilize the ecommerce platform
- Fix hundreds of defects and refactor dozens of features
- Create a new mobile, fully responsive experience
- Implement Adobe for tracking
- Improve browsing experience with VLP/VCLP
- Implement buy-online-pick-up-in-store
- Platform stabilization
- Backend performance improvements
- Platform is now capable of handling multisite functionalities
Key Benefits Achieved
- 8 week stabilization implementation
- Implemented a new visual design
- New browsing experience for vehicles by make, model, submodel